Dental Hygiene and Cleanings
in Kennett Square, PA
Discover the Benefits of Routine Oral Hygiene Checkups
aintaining good dental hygiene is essential for a healthy smile and overall well-being. While brushing and flossing at home is essential, professional dental cleanings are crucial to prevent tooth decay, gum disease, and other dental problems. At Kennett Center for Advanced Dentistry in Kennett Square, PA, we provide top-quality dental hygiene and cleaning services that keep your teeth and gums healthy and sparkling.
Our skilled and experienced Kennett Square dentist Dr. Peter Patellis uses the latest technology and techniques to thoroughly clean and examine your smile. Read on to learn about your routine dental hygiene and cleaning appointments at our Chester County dental office.
Schedule a routine dental checkup
Why Are Dental Hygiene and Cleanings Important?
Dental hygiene and cleanings are essential for maintaining good oral health. Even if you brush and floss regularly, there are still hard-to-reach and clean areas in your mouth. Over time, bacteria and plaque build up in these areas, leading to tooth decay and gum disease.
Dental exams and cleanings have the following benefits:
- Routine deep cleanings prevent plaque and tartar buildup, helping patients avoid cavities, gum disease, and other dental problems.
- Dental exams allow our dentists to detect oral health issues before they progress.
- Dr. Patellis can determine how a patient’s oral hygiene routine can be improved in their oral health exam.
What to Expect During a Dental Cleaning Appointment
At Kennett Center for Advanced Dentistry, we provide a comprehensive dental cleaning that includes the following steps:
- Examining Your Teeth and Gums: Our dental hygienist will examine your teeth and gums to check for any signs of dental problems such as cavities, gum disease, or oral cancer.
- Removing Plaque and Tartar: Using specialized tools, Dr. Patellis will remove plaque and tartar from your teeth and gum line. This helps to prevent tooth decay and gum disease.
- Cleaning Your Teeth: After removing the plaque and tartar, our dental hygienist will clean your teeth using a high-powered electric brush and special toothpaste. This helps to remove any remaining plaque and tartar and leaves your teeth feeling smooth and polished.
- Flossing: Dr. Patellis will floss your teeth to remove any remaining debris and to ensure that all areas between your teeth are clean.
- Applying Fluoride: We may also apply fluoride to your teeth to help prevent tooth decay and to strengthen your tooth enamel.
“Dr. Patellis is an outstanding dentist. I’ve been coming to KCAD for many years and have been extremely happy with the care I’ve received. The office is clean, the hygienists are very capable and professional, and the staff is kind and helpful. Enthusiastically recommend.”
– C. Heinle
No insurance? No problem!
Frequently Asked Questions
Will my dental insurance cover the cost of a dental cleaning?
Most dental insurance plans cover the cost of dental cleanings. Always check with your insurance provider before your appointment to see what is covered under your plan.
What can I do to maintain good dental hygiene between cleanings?
In addition to brushing and flossing regularly, you can maintain good dental hygiene by avoiding sugary foods and drinks, quitting smoking, and using mouthwash. It’s also important to visit your dentist regularly for checkups and cleanings.
How often should I get a dental cleaning?
We recommend getting a dental cleaning every six months. However, if you have a history of gum disease or other dental problems, your dentist may recommend more frequent cleanings.
Is dental cleaning painful?
No, a dental cleaning should not be painful. However, if you have sensitive teeth or gums, you may experience some discomfort during the cleaning. Our dental hygienist can provide options to make your cleaning more comfortable.
Schedule Your Routine Dental Appointment With Dr. Patellis
Regular dental hygiene and cleanings are crucial for maintaining good oral health and preventing dental problems. At Kennett Center for Advanced Dentistry in Kennett Square, PA, we provide expert dental hygiene and cleaning services that keep your teeth and gums healthy and sparkling.
Our skilled and experienced dental hygienists use the latest technology and techniques to clean and examine your teeth and gums. If you’re due for a dental cleaning or have concerns about your oral health, contact us today by calling (610) 444-6311 or filling out our online contact form.